July 20th, 2020
Linking is not a piece of cake - In-depth information on the anchor tag
<a> in HTML.
- Chrome 84 Beta Released - With Web OTP, Web Animations, New Origin Trials and More…
- Chrome Feature: CSS Overview - Here’s a fancy new experimental feature in Chrome! Now, we can get an overview of the CSS used on a site, from how many colors there are to the number of unused declarations… even down to the total number of defined media queries.
- Microsoft Edge 84 Released - Edge 84 is based on Chromium 84, and should include all web platform features available in Chromium 84.
- Firefox 78 enables link rel=”preload” support and has additional CSS Selector support.
- Safari & Firefox declines to Implement Web USB and other Privacy Sensitive APIs #Tweet
- Google Launches An Organization to Open Source Trademarks
- Safari Technology Preview - Release 110 is now available for macOS.
- whatthefuck.is - Another awesome site from Dan Abramov that will try to cover a few terminologies in the frontend world. The github issues list is the thing to watch out for. People are asking “what the fuck is…” something. Starting off with closure for this week. There is also curse free site.
- How Did Vim Become So Popular - Answer to “How did Vim-craze take over the world at some point?”
- Static generated sites vs SSR Apps - Differences Between Static Generated Sites And Server-Side Rendered Apps
- Core Web Vitals is a set of metrics portraying three aspects of user experience: loading, interactivity and visual stability.
- Adding a README to your GitHub profile - Here is a quick article on How to create Github profile readme With a few minutes of work, you can make your GitHub Profile Look Cool! There is also Awesome-Profile-README-templates repository based on the awesome list.
- GitHub Archive Program - the journey of the world’s open source code to the Arctic
- ForwardJS - Online Event on July 20-24. Follow @forwardJS
- Angular NL Conference - Online Event on July 24. Follow @angularnl
- Create: Front-end - Online Event on July 29.
- ViennaCalling - July 29 — An online meetup for for “all who work on the web”.
- FrontCon 2020 - August 12-14 2020 @ Riga,Latvia
- Vue.js Global - Online Event on August 13-14. Follow @vuejsamsterdam
- What is Virtual DOM - A deep dive in concept of Virtual DOM that is has become performance reason in modern frontend frameworks like React
- In The Loop - Talk by Jake Archibald in JSConf.Asia 2018 looks at the browser’s event loop, the thing that orchestrates the main thread of the browser and difference between tasks, microtasks, requestAnimationFrame, requestIdleCallback, and where events land. Also check the article by Jake Archibald from 2015 on the same topic. #Video
- bigheads.io - Randomly Generated Characters for Your Apps & Games.
- outline.com - You give it an article link and it will remove all adverts and tracking and format it in a really nice clean readable way. Also gets past most paywalls.
“In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.” - Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut
Please share the newsletter with ninja people that might be interested!
Follow me @onlyanubhav