August 3rd, 2020
- Firefox 79 Released - offers a new Promise method, more secure target=_blank links, logical assignment operators, and other updates of interest to web developers.
- GitHub public roadmap - Github rolls out the official GitHub public product roadmap.
- Simulating Object Collisions With Canvas - As the name suggests, it is simulating object collision using Canvas.
- Things I Wish I’d Known About CSS - “I really wish I’d taken the time to learn CSS properly.Here are some things I didn’t know that I wish I’d learned earlier.”
- awesome-GPT-3 - This is brains behind the new AI we’ve been seeing which takes natural language queues to develop a website.
- this vs that - What is the difference between this and that in the front-end development?
- FrontCon - Front end conference in Riga, Latvia + Online on August 12-14
- Vue.js Global - Online Event on August 13-14. Follow @vuejsamsterdam
- You Gotta Love Frontend - Online event on August 27-28. Follow @yglf_lt
- Ten Things I Regret About Node.js - Talk by Ryan Dahl, the creator of Node.js, at JSConf EU. Recently his ambitious project
denocame out of beta and got released. #video
- How Browsers Work: Behind the scenes of modern web browsers - Article by Tali Garsiel and Paul Irish is a comprehensive primer on the internal operations of WebKit and Gecko. Dated to 2011, browsers have certainly evolved now.
- macintosh.js - Electron app pretending to be a 1991 Macintosh Quadra
- TheirTube - How do the recommended videos look on their Youtube home page? #MediaRant
“Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Hal Abelson
Please share the newsletter with ninja people that might be interested!
Follow me @onlyanubhav