October 6th, 2020
Hacktoberfest will run all this October to support open source.
- Feature watch: ECMAScript 2021 - Dr. Axel always keeps tabs on the new features coming to future versions of ECMAScript and he’s now started to do the same for the forthcoming ES2021.
- Vue.js 3.0 “One Piece” Released - The 3.0 release represents over 2 years of development efforts, featuring 30+ RFCs, 2,600+ commits, 600+ pull requests from 99 contributors, plus tremendous amount of development and documentation work outside of the core repo.
- Deno 1.4 Released - support for a WebSocket API (which you can use from Deno just like you would in a browser), automatic restarts on file changes, integrated test coverage support, and more.
- What’s new in Svelte - New object methods, in-depth learning resources and tons of integration examples!
- npm 7 rc - with support for named exports for CommonJS modules.
- Introducing the New JSX Transform - say goodbye to: import React from ‘react’;
- Why Do We Interface? - A micro-book with incomplete observations on human-computer interfaces by Ehsan Noursalehi
- Understanding the Event Loop, Callbacks, Promises, and Async/Await - concepts from ground up.
- How HTTPS Works - comic explanation to “how HTTPS actually works”
- How Do I Learn to Write Better Code? - Some useful advice in this Hacker News discussion.
- MDN Browser Compatibility Report - The MDN Browser Compatibility Report is a deeper dive into web and frontend related issues. #PDF
- Introducing visx from Airbnb - A collection of expressive, low-level visualization primitives for React.
- The React Cheatsheet for 2020 - Visual cheatsheet of all of the concepts and skills you need to master React in 2020.
- Wikipedia’s new Look - Wikipedia is getting a new look for the first time in 10 years.
- Bringing the browser developer tools to Visual Studio Code - VS code now supports the elements and networks tab within the coding environment itself.
- Guidelines to improve your React folder structure - “Move files around until it feels right.”
- Vue.js Global - Online Event held on September 17-18, 2020. Watch Videos
- Jamstack Conf - Online event on October 6-7, 2020. Follow @jamstackconf
- TSConf - Online event on October 9, 2020. Follow @TypeScriptConf
- A tale of two MVC’s - Talk by Yehuda Katz at GoGaRuCo 2013, enlightens us with history of UI development and things around MVC. #video
- Memory Management Masterclass - Talk by Addy Osmani, answers the question - how to effectively keep memory usage down because if too much is consumed, a page might be killed, forcing the user to reload it and cry in a corner. Automatic garbage collection isn’t a substitute for effective memory management, especially in large, long-running web apps. #video
- devurls.com - News cheatsheet
- Awesome Falsehood - A curated list of falsehoods programmers believe in.
- Super Mario Bros. 3 in 3 minutes - World Record Speedrun Explained
“Any product that needs a manual to work is broken.” - Elon Musk
Please share the newsletter with Web ninjas, who might be interested.
Follow me @onlyanubhav